"Apothekenerker" (Apothecary Oriel)

The "Lemgo’s stone hall" (market square) got its jewel in 1612: the town hall "Apothecary". Built during the period of busy construction prior to the thirty years war, it represents not only a brilliant architectural feat but was intended to make a good impression on citizens and visitors. The town wanted to highlight the fact that they had built the first apothecary in all of Lippe and even used government funds to hire two druggists to run the shop.